Gentle Professional Cleanings
Ask Complete Dental Care if our services are right for youMake an Appointment
At Complete Dental Care you can have a sparkling smile with our comfortable and gentle hygiene cleanings. If we find any issues, we may recommend a deep gum cleaning treatment.
Many patients opt for teeth cleanings as a preventative method for cavities, and tooth decay. Tooth decay is damage that occurs when germs (bacteria) in your mouth make acids that eat away at a tooth. It can lead to a hole in the tooth, called a cavity. If not treated, tooth decay can cause pain, infection, and tooth loss.
Gentle professional cleanings also are a remedy for preventing periodontal (gum) disease, an infection of the tissues that hold your teeth in place. Gum disease is typically caused by poor brushing and flossing habits that allow plaque and bacteria to collect and harden in the mouth. In advanced stages, periodontal disease can lead to sore, bleeding gums, painful chewing problems and even tooth loss.
Important Reasons to Get Professional Cleanings
Generally, professional cleaning to keep them smiling brightly all year long. Although you may have a great oral routine, it is always suggested that you have professional cleanings performed by the dentist at Complete Dental Care during the year to help prevent cavities, gum disease, gingivitis, and other oral issues.
Here are the different types of teeth cleanings we offer:
Our dentist will suggest deep cleanings if you have symptoms such as a buildup of tartar, plaque under the gums, bleeding gums, sensitive gums, or deep gum pockets. Your dentist will use tools that properly target these dental issues.
Once you have undergone a treatment such as deep cleaning, our dentist will recommend periodontal maintenance. Continuing maintenance on your oral health is essential, as gum disease or plaque can reappear. Additionally, periodontal maintenance removes tartar and plaque from below and above the gum line, deep cleans your teeth and is followed up by teeth polishing.
Full Mouth Debridement
Full mouth debridement eliminates hard tartar and plaque from your teeth and gums. Our dentist will recommend this teeth cleaning procedure if a regular teeth cleaning does not work, and additional cleaning is needed.
A regular cleaning consists of the dentist eliminating stains, tartar and plaque from your teeth. For patients with gum health issues, our dentist may recommend frequent visits for teeth cleaning.
While having an oral hygiene routine at home is necessary to ensure a healthy mouth, Gentle professional cleanings are crucial for your overall oral health and preventing cavities, gum disease and other conditions.
The teeth cleaning process is crucial for your overall oral health. A professional teeth cleaning keeps your teeth looking their best and provides the following benefits:
- To detect possible health risks, such as oral cancer and gum disease
- To prevent tooth loss
- To maintain good physical health
- To eliminate bad breath
- To have a brighter, whiter and more polished smile
The Teeth Cleaning Process
- At the first appointment, your dentist will conduct a physical exam, using a small mirror to check teeth and gums for any signs of gingivitis or other concerns.
- Your dentist will remove plaque and tartar buildup around your gums using a scaler. If it has been a while since you had a dental cleaning, this process may take more time.
- After a gritty toothpaste is applied your teeth are cleaned and polished using a high-powered electric brush to remove surface stains.
- Once the teeth are clean, they will be flossed by a dental hygienist.
- After flossing you will rinse, to get rid of any debris. A gentle brushing may follow to remove any leftover tartar and plaque.
- After cleaning, flossing and rinsing, the dentist will apply a fluoride treatment to help fight against cavities for the next several months.
After your teeth have been examined and cleaned, our dentist will discuss your treatment and may suggest follow-up sessions depending on your condition.
Regular, professional teeth cleaning is vital to maintaining your oral health. If you would like more information about professional teeth cleaning, call us at Complete Dental Care at 941-625-7413 today.